We are excited to announce that we are recruiting members to join our 2020-2021 TeenSource Youth Advisory Board (YAB) and accepting applications through August 26th. You can learn more and apply here.
TeenSource is a hub where teens can get information about sexual and reproductive health written by and for California youth, and learn where to receive health care services. TeenSource.org is regularly updated to make sure you have the latest information about birth control, STDs, LGBTQ+ issues and healthy relationships.
We are looking for teens throughout California to apply to join our 2020-2021 TeenSource YAB who represent the geographic and ethnic diversity of our state. We will build a YAB team that is inclusive and respectful of the full range of gender and sexual orientation identities.
What will YAB members do?
- Participate in YAB activities from September 2020 - June 2021
- Follow and engage with posts on our TeenSource Instagram account.
- Review and inform TeenSource content
- Write short blogs for TeenSource, HookUp tips, and develop teen-friendly social media content to spark conversations and connect youth to important health information and services
- Participate in YAB team discussions
- Participate in monthly video calls with other YAB members
Who Should Apply
- All teens ages 16-19 living in California are encouraged to apply.
- Ideal candidates care about sexual + reproductive health and are excited to help develop content and information on TeenSource!
YAB Membership Benefits
- Receive a $25 gift card each month (program lasts 10 months) after successful completion of YAB activities
- Meet teens from across California and network with peers and mentors who are passionate about sexual and reproductive health
- Build skills that you can use now and in the future
- Gain valuable experience to include on your resume! (TeenSource can help you figure out how to share it on your resume)
- Help connect California teens to important health information, create positive social change, and have your voice be heard!
You can find out more on our short application, which you can find . Tell your friends and apply TODAY! Applications are due August 26th and we will notify you in September if you were selected!
Help us spread the word by sharing the application link and our posts on Instagram!