Do you want to share your opinion? Do you want to meet teens from other parts of California? Do you want your voice to be heard as an expert in your own experience? Do you want to make a difference in the health and wellbeing of your peers? Do you want to try something new? There is no experience needed, we want to hear from young people with all kinds of different experiences and backgrounds.
Help us change the future of sexual health for California teens. Apply now to join the TeenSource Youth Advisory Board!
We are excited to announce that we are recruiting members to join our 2023-2024 TeenSource Youth Advisory Board (YAB) and accepting applications through September 15. You can learn more and .
TeenSource is a hub for teens to get information about sexual and reproductive health written by and for California youth, and learn where to receive health care services. centers the voices of teens in California and is regularly updated to make sure you have the latest youth-friendly information about birth control, STIs, LGBTQ+ issues, and healthy relationships. TeenSource works to engage and empower California teens in collaborative activities that respect and value youth perspectives and promote greater health access and equity for youth statewide.
We are looking for teens throughout California to apply to join our TeenSource YAB who represent the geographic and ethnic diversity of our state. We will build a YAB team that is inclusive and respectful of the full range of gender and sexual orientation identities.
What will YAB members do?
- Participate in YAB activities from October 2022 - June 2023
- Follow and engage with posts on our TeenSource YAB Discord
- Act as a youth expert to share your knowledge, ideas, and experiences to improve TeenSource and advance health equity
- Review and inform TeenSource content
- Write short blogs for TeenSource, and create teen-friendly social media content to for TeenSource
- Participate in YAB team discussions
- Participate in twice monthly video calls with other YAB members
Who Should Apply
ANY teen living in California who cares about sexual and reproductive health and having their voice be heard is encouraged to apply! This includes, but is not limited to, teens who are LGBTQ+, live in communities that have been historically marginalized, are undocumented, have been a part of the foster system, or not attending school. You don't need to have any experience to be a great YAB member.
YAB Membership Benefits
- Receive a $50 gift card each month (program lasts 10 months) after successful
- Meet teens from across California and network with peers and mentors who are passionate about sexual and reproductive health
- Build skills that you can use now and in the future
- Gain valuable experience to include on your resume! (TeenSource can help you figure out how to share it on your resume)
- Help connect California teens to important health information, create positive social change, and have your voice be heard!
You can find out more on our short application, which you can find . Tell your friends and apply TODAY! Applications are due September 15!