Are you interested in making a difference and supporting California youth in making informed and empowered decisions about their sexual and reproductive health? Do you want to share your skills, experience and leadership with other young people across the state? We are excited to announce that we are recruiting members to join our 2021-2022 TeenSource Youth Advisory Board (YAB) and accepting applications through September 7th. You can learn more and apply here.
TeenSource is a hub for teens to get information about sexual and reproductive health written by and for California youth, and learn where to receive health care services. TeenSource.org centers the voices of teens in California and is regularly updated to make sure you have the latest youth-friendly information about birth control, STIs, LGBTQ+ issues, and healthy relationships. TeenSource works to engage and empower California teens in collaborative activities that respect and value youth perspectives and promote greater health access and equity for youth statewide.
We are looking for teens throughout California to apply to join our TeenSource YAB who represent the geographic and ethnic diversity of our state. We will build a YAB team that is inclusive and respectful of the full range of gender and sexual orientation identities.
What will YAB members do?
- Participate in YAB activities from September 2020 - June 2021
- Follow and engage with posts on our TeenSource Instagram account.
- Act as a youth expert to share your knowledge, ideas, and experiences to improve TeenSource and advance health equity
- Review and inform TeenSource content
- Write short blogs for TeenSource, and develop teen-friendly social media content to spark conversations and connect youth to important health information and services
- Participate in YAB team discussions
- Participate in monthly video calls with other YAB members
Who Should Apply
- All teens ages 16-19 living in California are encouraged to apply.
- Ideal candidates care about sexual + reproductive health and are excited to help develop content and information on TeenSource!
YAB Membership Benefits
- Receive a $50 gift card each month (program lasts 10 months) after successful completion of YAB activities
- Meet teens from across California and network with peers and mentors who are passionate about sexual and reproductive health
- Build skills that you can use now and in the future
- Gain valuable experience to include on your resume! (TeenSource can help you figure out how to share it on your resume)
- Help connect California teens to important health information, create positive social change, and have your voice be heard!
You can find out more on our short application, which you can find . Tell your friends and apply TODAY! Applications are due September 7th and we will notify you in September if you were selected!